domenica 13 febbraio 2011

In a castle by the lake...

February 6, 2011 - Bracciano

When I stepped off the train in Bracciano, a small town just a few train stops south of Viterbo, I immediately felt the bustling life of the town as the colors of the flower stands and fruit markets met my eyes. The air was crisp and cool, but the sun warmed us up as we wound through town and then started down the hill to reach the waters of the lake, Lago di Bracciano. If it had been warmer I would have loved to go for a swim, but in the high 50s to low 60s it was still a little chilly. Sitting by the lake with the sun at my back was a quiet and relaxing moment and something I'd definitely enjoy doing again during my time here. Traveling is even better with good friends there, and the three people I was with, Tami, Brian, and Allie, are great traveling buddies. After that we headed back up the steep hill to Castello Odescalchi, built overlooking the lake in the 15th century, which hosted a few different popes and members of the Medici family during that time period.  At the end of the castle tour we walked around town for awhile, making one last stop at the gelato shop before heading back to Viterbo. Another beautiful day in Italy.













Nessun commento:

Posta un commento